Erin’s 28kgs lighter and more confident
When it comes to my health and fitness, the best way to describe my journey is like a yo-yo. I was chubby as a child and UP AND DOWN CONSTANTLY as a teenager. I was never stable or enjoying the journey as I never did it the proper way.
A couple of events in my life led me to take action and control of my health and fitness.
- I recently got engaged. My fiancé is very supportive and always encourages me to ensure I’m happy with myself. We’d often chat about how unhappy I felt with myself, how I was unhappy with my physical appearance and my lack of confidence in general. My fiancé was and still is very supportive of me.
- I’d made a habit of ensuring I didn’t appear in photos, but when I was at work one day, work captured an image of me which was posted on the internal communication platform and I hated it. These two events were my motivators to take control.
Before Tribe I always felt self conscious. I was embarrassed to meet new people, I disliked the way I looked and how I felt. On reflection, it affected my relationships as I was always feeling down and grumpy.
I joined Tribe on the 4 Week Trial. With the trial, I received personal training, full access to Tribe classes, 2 Inbody scans and meal plans. I love training with Peter (Phili). He has a great sense of humour, always makes me laugh, holds me accountable and pushes me to be my best. I’m driven by numbers and Pete knows this. Together we set my overall goal to lose 20kgs and I’ve done this (23kgs actually – boom!). But along the way, we’ve had lots of little mini goals, STARTING OFF INITIALLY to deadlift 35kgs and plank for 30 seconds. Now, I’m about to hit my next mini goal of deadlifting 90kgs!
One of the biggest changes for me has been my knowledge and approach to my food. I’m against calorie counting as it does my head in. I’ve learned to listen to my body and eat when I’m hungry. Tribe has helped me to understand what I can eat. I have lots of variety and if I’m hungry I eat within this variety.
Not only have I dropped 23kgs with Tribe, I’ve now got my visceral fat (amount of fat surrounding your vital organs) within a healthy range. My very first Inbody scan showed my visceral fat at 220 (100 and above is alarming), so I was extremely high. It’s true that we are what we eat.
At Tribe, I love how everyone says hello, all the trainers know your name, the trainers care about your technique, when you’re in the classes each trainer pushes and motivates you to be your best. Tribe is more than a great place to go for an outstanding workout, it’s an awesome social group and the atmosphere is fun.
If you’d like to start your journey at Tribe Social Fitness, join our 3 Week Trial for 44.95 per week, for 3 weeks. You get;
- 5 Personal Training sessions
- 2 Reformer Pilates (max of 6 per class)
- Full access to all classes
- 2 Inbody scans
- Meal plans