A message from Tribe regarding Coronavirus COVID-19
The health of our Tribe community and staff is our absolute TOP PRIORITY and as such, we want to update you on some new measures to ensure our gym is a safe environment.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily and will be amending our response as appropriate.
We believe it’s even more important to continue exercising to keep your physical and mental health in check at this time and here are the further steps we have implemented:
1. We have doubled the hours of our cleaners – tasked with wiping, scrubbing, cleaning and disinfecting every square inch of our gym and all of our dumbbells, kettlebells, TRX’s, machine’s, bike’s etc along with showers, sinks, surfaces, doors and most importantly class floors throughout the day at multiple times – using a commercial grade cleaning disinfectant product.
2.We will remove circuit classes from our timetable as of week commencing 16th March, and replace with Lift Classes. Yes, that is tomorrow. I agree it is a fast decision, and I see no reason to wait.
I understand this will be of inconvenience to our members who have already planned their week, however as mentioned earlier, your health is our top priority and we are making this call in your best interest.
This will ensure you have your own station, less opportunity for physical contact and there will be less people in the room compared to a circuit class.
In our Lift and Spin classes, each member will be asked to use disinfectant on their own equipment pre and post class.
We have reduced our spin numbers from 30 to 24 to allow more space in the Spin Studio.
To compensate for the decreased cardio classes at Tribe we are going outdoor! Please see your Tribe App for class details.
3. Please ensure you carry a towel with you throughout Tribe when on the gym floor. This is mandatory. No towel, no train. We also suggest a full-size towel.
Your towel is to prevent your sweat reaching the equipment. It is not intended to wipe your sweat from the equipment. If you use our equipment please wipe it down thoroughly before and after use with the wipes and disinfectant provided on the gym floor.
4. Please use the hand sanitisers placed around Tribe Social Fitness each time you enter and leave. Wash your hands for 20 seconds at a time before and after class as a precaution.
5. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY – if you are unwell, please stay home and follow the most up to date government guidelines. Our staff will also ask anyone to leave the gym if they are visibly unwell.
Our staff will of course be permitted any time off they require if they are also unwell.
6. We have created procedures and trained all staff on action plans so we can be ready to service and assist all clients at this time.
This is a changing situation and we’re closely following updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and advice suggested by the Federal Government and Health authorities included in the links below:
We’ll continue to update you on our measures but let’s stay together, train together and get through this challenging time together.
We are working tirelessly in the background, staying abreast of the situation; how we can best handle it and making plans to keep you training through this tough time.
If you need anything at all, please reach out to us.
Mark and the Tribe Team.